Two Guys Garage Forum  

Go Back   Two Guys Garage Forum > Off Topic

Old 03-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Super-Duper Moderator

vetteonr is on a distinguished road
Bryan Fuller.......Gone?

I just cracked open my latest edition of Hot Rod magazine and in their "5 questions with" section it featured Bryan. He said he was no longer on TGG and was moving on to other things. Another host will be coming on soon he said. I was kind of saddened by this as I thought Bryan and Kevin worked good together. Now what?

Corvette.......Enough Said!!

Jeez, I wish I could put a photo in here!

"If you need good wrenches, make sure you know how to use them!"
Old 03-11-2012, 12:38 PM

carsandcycles is on a distinguished road
Interesting, sorry to see Bryan gone; gotta have 'two guys' at "Two Guys Garage". Any incite from BigBry (inquiring mine want to know).

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Penn., 1759.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Banned

dougbfresh is on a distinguished road
1 goatee gone. He was the more amusing one out of the 2-still miss the Shadetree format.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Fearless Leader

BigBry is on a distinguished road
Shadetree guys have been doing their thing for a couple years now on Fox Sports. Feel free to enjoy them all you want.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBry View Post
Shadetree guys have been doing their thing for a couple years now on Fox Sports. Feel free to enjoy them all you want.
Best advice I've gotten here in quite some time.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:30 PM

lostinbaja is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry to see Bryan leave....I could do without Kevin. I hope Bryan gets his own show with some real technical content! I'm sort of getting tired of watching hoses and belts being changed.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:41 AM

carsandcycles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinbaja View Post
I'm sorry to see Bryan leave....I could do without Kevin. I hope Bryan gets his own show with some real technical content! I'm sort of getting tired of watching hoses and belts being changed.
While Bryan was no slouch, Kevin is the one that brought the technical content 'UP' a notch. Kudos to both, and best of luck, in whichever path each one takes.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Penn., 1759.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Fearless Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbfresh View Post
Best advice I've gotten here in quite some time.
Heck, why wait... Enjoy.

http://www.masterstv.com/MotorheadGaragetv.html
Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM

thcardoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinbaja View Post
We could use a lot of shows with more technical content today. The problem is it would take an entire group of technicians to write the material because there is just too much for any one person to know. Plus the more technical the information is, the harder it is to keep it entertaining. If you head over to the low amps probe thread I started you'll get an idea of what I am referring to. Material at the level that is written at will take a very creative pen to make appealing and fun to watch. The problem is, today that amperage thread represents "the basics". I will add one that represents how complicated it can get to be today in a few days.

Good Luck Bryan!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Still doesn't look like the old shadetree format. Looks a lot like this program-a giant infomercial.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Fearless Leader

Actually Kevin does an amazing job of taking a subject and breaking it down to a level that anyone can understand it. When we go over some of the more technical scenes together, we make sure we start off at a low level so that anyone can understand and then ramp it up to where we wanted to get to in the first place. We hold back the reigns a lot as to not make it too difficult to understand for the average viewer, but we try our best to bring something to the table for the hardcore tech person as well.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:53 PM

olddog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually Kevin does an amazing job of taking a subject and breaking it down to a level that anyone can understand it.
I agree he has. I particularly liked one he did explaining header design -- adjusting length to time the pulse wave reflected back to the head.

Personally I think the show is geared more for people with little knowledge, when it comes to the drive train. Well most of the time, but not always.

I come from the old days when technology was fairly simple to understand. I would like to learn more on the newer technology. No show on TV today does anything to help me. I cannot say I have learned a darn thing in that regard. I do pick up a thing or two on body work and metal work.

That said, I'm sure it is hard to get sponsors to support doing a lot of things that you would like to do. Honestly by the time you put the commercials in their isn't much you can do in a half hour show.

I'm not complaining or asking a for a change. Just offering honest feedback, not that you asked for it, but since I had your ear, I gave it anyway.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Fearless Leader

We got a good show in this regard on the LS3 coming up we did. Very good technical stuff came out of that show.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:43 PM

thcardoc is an unknown quantity at this point
When it comes to increasing the technical content on the air clearly there are going to be certain limits to what you can do, heck the time frame alone creates a real challenge. But here in the forums both an interactive and almost limitless potential could exist. It all comes down to structure and having some people willing to contribute.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Mustang65HiPo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mustang65HiPo Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang65HiPo
The show hasn't been the same since Sam and Dave left. Their show on FSN is nice, but along with TGG, that too has become no more than a 1/2 hour info mercial for one vendor or another. Seems all the automotive shows are more focused on bringing in the buck from the vendors instead of instructional programming. I understand the economy sucks and bills need to be paid, but as said above, enough of belts and hoses being replaced already. When Sam and Dave left, it was said they wanted to go on to better things. Seems they didn't want to be a part of the TGG advertizing team, but now they have fell in to it again, just with another network. the old Shade Tree Mechanic show had way more technical how to and was the original. I doubt we will ever see something of that quality again. I've been hoping for years that we will though