Two Guys Garage Forum  

Go Back   Two Guys Garage Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Banned

FieroSpeeder is on a distinguished road
Autolifters close their business

I dont visit this forum much, so i dont know if this is a repeat.

I was thinking of buying an autolifter's four post lift. One of the reasons was that it is american made, plus the way they built their lifts due to safety standards.

Bendpak and backyardbuddy are two other well known four post lifts that are american made.

I tried the autolifters site today and it no longer works. I learned that they had closed. This is due to the fact of their struggle with competiting with chinese built four post lifts.

This does suck. And I always assumed their sales were great because i called them up once and they are always on backorder and they had a lot of sales.

http://wichita.bizjournals.com/wichi...16/story3.html
Old 05-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Super User

Racerock is on a distinguished road
Yep, that does stink. Amazing how the off shore companies can do it.

A friend has built a state of the art stone/marble plant that cuts, mills and polishes raw stone in Baltimore. Major competitor in the U.S., and I think it is a one of the kind facility. Anyway, he gets the raw material straight off the boat in Baltimore, one boat ride. He cuts it and distributes it to the guys that then custom cut to fit the design/layout.

His toughest competition is the off-shore companies that have to pay for two boat rides. Source to China, then China to the U.S. And they are still cheaper.

07 Acura TL, 04 BMW 745Li - (nice ride), 01 Audi TT 225 Hp Quattro 6 speed (street legal go cart with a/c), 03 Linc Navigator, 02 Ford Exploder - still need to put that trans in..., 00 Honda Accord, 67 Cutlass, 65 Mustang, 86 Wellcraft Nova, 03 Honda Foreman 450ES, 2000 BMW K1200LT (2 wheels...), Cub Cadet
Old 05-31-2005, 03:02 AM
OLD FART

KA9MOT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerock
Yep, that does stink. Amazing how the off shore companies can do it.

A friend has built a state of the art stone/marble plant that cuts, mills and polishes raw stone in Baltimore. Major competitor in the U.S., and I think it is a one of the kind facility. Anyway, he gets the raw material straight off the boat in Baltimore, one boat ride. He cuts it and distributes it to the guys that then custom cut to fit the design/layout.

His toughest competition is the off-shore companies that have to pay for two boat rides. Source to China, then China to the U.S. And they are still cheaper.
That is because children will work for pennies.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:22 PM
chevy enthusiast

danny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy's Bronco
That is because children will work for pennies.
not here
when you drive a ford you need a whole set of good wrenches-lol-
jack bauer for president
Old 06-10-2005, 12:36 AM

jdbowers is on a distinguished road
autolifters instalation manual

I purchaced a lift from Autolifters and this is the first I have heard about it closeing. I tried to reach them today about a new repair and instalation manual and thier phone number was disconnected. Is there any way I can get my hands on another copy? I'd like to have it to insall my lift. Does anyone reading this message have a copy the could scan and e-mail it to me? I purchaced the 8000lb clear floor standard symmetric lift. If I could get this ASAP I'd ge very greatful. Thanks so much.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:46 AM
Banned

i suggest you post this in a few forums, or do a search on people commenting on that post.

you can try eagles equipment website and download their instructions. It will be similiar.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:03 PM

allison is on a distinguished road
autolifts

some of the previous employees have taken over the autolifters product line and have the same lifts available. we have not changed anything as far as the design is concerned . these are american made safe and dependable lifts. we have reopened under the name of all american lifts
Edit/Delete Message
Old 02-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Banned

i saw someone from your business post about a month ago. Glad to see your back and have a website up.

Let me know if you guys need some of the old pics from your website.

And i noticed you have 2 more four post lifts. Is this something the new business is offering? The old only had two available.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Shovelhead

FLH is on a distinguished road
Those Motorcycle lifts are double the price of a good, also American made lift from Handy Lift which is a very good brand. I've been checking on lifts for bikes and found the Handy lifts are cheaper from other companys than from Handy themselves. The Snap-on site says to get price from dealer. No telling how much they cost. A guy at church is a Snap-on Dealer but I haven't asked him about it. Don't want to talk business in church.

Good Luck All American Lifts! I hope yall make it. I have been without a floor jack for a couple of years now, because I refuse to buy one that isn't Made In America.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Banned

the handy lift looks small. Ive seen the professonal lifts go for 1000 bucks. I forgot what snap on wants for theirs.

allamericanlifts has a higher weight capacity. And i really like their design where the panel can be dropped; to allow the wheel to be removed a lot easier. Doing a tire change is the only time i need to lift the bike up, but i seldom do for the other jobs.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:23 AM
Shovelhead

I've used a Handy Lift before and it was plenty big enough and has enough lifting power than needed. Of course you can't always tell by looking at a picture but the Handy looks more heavy duty than the other one. I'm not knocking the other guys, they may have a fine product but every shop I've been in around here has the Handy Lifts.

Plus, I'd rather have air lift than electric.

Last edited by FLH; 02-23-2006 at 03:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 PM
chevy enthusiast

danny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLH
Plus, I'd rather have air lift than electric.
why is this?
when you drive a ford you need a whole set of good wrenches-lol-
jack bauer for president
Old 02-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Shovelhead

Well, I've never used an electric lift but I think that the air lift would be faster and more reliable. They are also cheaper. If the power was go out for some reason, I would have enough air in my tank to raise lift enough to move the catch bar so you could lower the lift. No power with an electric lift, I don't think you could lower bike.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:20 PM

treyan is on a distinguished road
Actually the company that claims to be rebuilding itself from AutoLifters Inc. remains has no affiliation with AutoLifters Inc. Someone bought the AutoLifters Inc. plant in Newton, Ks and started their business ads in Hot Rod and their telephone number back up but that is not AutoLifters Inc. Bruce Anderson, the creator and designer of the lifts has taken no part in this company. Beware, they are not AutoLifters Inc.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:38 AM

fastfreddy9 is on a distinguished road
Autolifters close their business

I have two M-6 Autolifters of Ameroca 4 post lifts. On stopped working this A.M. so I need to find a maintenance company for this product int the Chicagoland Area. Anybody gotta guy?